Edrolo is here with a mission to improve education, and we’re looking for people equally passionate about making a difference in the world. We’re changing the game for secondary school students and teachers by not only reimagining and creating a new breed of core educational resources, but overhauling how educational content is created in the first place. 1200 schools across Australia – including 95% of schools in Victoria – turn to Edrolo daily. Our team of 180+ mission-aligned rockstar Edrollers are just getting started. In 2022, we are expanding our catalogue to include more subjects and products, and we’re looking for graphic designers to work with us to assist with typesetting our 2022 textbook releases with quality design, layout, and illustration skills.
About the role
We’re looking for individuals based in Victoria to join us in a full time capacity until the end of November.
As part of a product team you will collaborate closely with designers and content authors to help to deliver a specialised textbook that integrates with our digital resources. The role involves executing layout and typesetting of content according to template stylesheets and specifications, digital illustration, prepress preparation, and peer review quality assurance. You will be expected to autonomously pick up and complete work, and keep relevant production spreadsheet data up to date.
Does the following sound like you?
- You’re strongly aligned with our mission to improve education, and want to work with a community of people working together to make a difference in the world
- You’re passionate about publication design and typesetting, and want to apply your strong layout, typographic, and illustration skills to Edrolo’s market-leading educational resources
- You’re confident, independent and self-motivated, with the initiative to collaboratively solve problems as required
- You value both quality and efficiency in order to produce work to a high standard
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’re comfortable working under pressure and adhering to tight deadlines in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- You’re energised by a dynamic working environment, and keen to make the move to a mission-driven company with plenty of opportunities for growth
- You’re available to work onsite in office hours from our Melbourne CBD office and from home
Requisite skills and experience
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Illustrator CC with a strong portfolio which includes both publication and illustration work
- Design qualification (e.g. Degree in Communication Design, Graphic Design, or Digital Media)
- Comfortable with computers and technology, we are an Edtech after all!
- Existing knowledge of prepress is desirable, but not necessary
About the offer
We’re looking for a great cohort of new Edrollers joining our team, and want to empower them to achieve great things with us. In return, we’re offering the opportunity to:
- Be part of an organisation that genuinely believes in its mission to improve education
- Join us on a full time, 38 hours per week maximum term contract to end of November 2022
- Potential for ongoing work for exceptional designers, pending available work
- Flexible working hours, with optional weekly WFH days and casual dress
- Potential to expand into other areas of content production for interested candidates
- e.g. video editing, digital content publication
- Access to a professional self-development fund to support your ongoing professional development
- Tech startup vibe, with a great CBD office location
- Use of a company laptop and software will be provided
- Work alongside talented, passionate and fun colleagues with regular team events
If this role sounds exciting to you, we would love to see your application! Submit your application by hitting the Apply Now button, or head over to the Junior Graphic Designer listing at edrolo.com.au/jobs