Our mission is simple: to improve education. We are a high-growth, fast-paced, values-driven company, building next-generation learning resources that are in use in over 1,000 secondary schools across Australia.
At Edrolo, our approach is always user first, and our UX designers champion this underlying principle for our printed school resources (textbooks). We need an expert to deep dive into our established resources and rework the overall vision for our product design, leading to the best experience for our students and teachers.
This unique, newly created role is perfect for someone who:
- Has experience in publishing - improving content and effective communication through design (typesetting)
- Exposure to the principles of UX/product improvements within published/print resources
- If you have done this in an Education environment we especially want to hear from you!
- Deeply understands the product development process of printed resources and can help us to streamline this
- Is strong in all visual design aspects; typography, layout, colour logic and behavioural/design thinking
- Is passionate about using design to create compelling connections with users
- Work closely with a team of content authors and typesetters to create the next generation of educational resources
- Partner with delivery teams to ensure achievable designs within often tight timeframes
- Understand the end user's (student's) needs and translate this into product strategy/design
- Mixture of user research, testing, trials and hands-on design
- Product ownership, including defining, driving and delivering projects
- Reconceptualise the overall product design vision
- A competitive salary that reflects your experience and expertise
- True career development and progression opportunities, driven by fast business growth;
- Tech startup vibe, with a great Fitzroy location
- Opportunity to work with a passionate, driven, growing team;
- Flexible working hours supported