If you’re looking to make the move to a growing company making a real, positive difference in the world, a role in our Finance team might be for you!
We’re an Australian, venture-backed ed-tech startup with global ambitions and an overarching mission to improve education. Our in-house content production, tech, sales, and support functions are unified in supporting secondary students and teachers across New South Wales, Queensland, and Victoria to achieve outstanding learning outcomes with our innovative education resources.
We’re now seeking a Finance Associate to help us level up our finance function, by building strong internal controls and processes and supporting us as we transition to full compliance with Australian Accounting Standards.
About the role
This is a new role and will be the third dedicated hire into our finance function. We'll support you to learn the business and processes with a range of expertise available to support across the company.
Your first few months will be focused on learning the business and our people, identifying potential gaps in our processes and controls, and providing solutions to address these. We have a clear vision of what our financial reporting needs are - we are seeking the right candidate to help us execute these.
- The development and maintenance of robust, scalable processes and controls that are appropriate for our fast-growing company
- The interpretation and adoption of Australian Accounting Standards, and building appropriate models to ensure we adhere to these
- Helping to manage the annual audit process, and ensure that we are prepared for this
- Assisting with the preparation of financial data for board packs and monthly financial reporting
- Business partnering with the management team, providing analysis of relevant financial data and metrics
- Running month end processes and associated quarter and year end processes
- Assisting the management team with R&D submissions, inventory and ordering management, fixed asset management, depreciation schedules, etc
- Assisting with accounts receivables and payables
- Providing ad hoc support on day-to-day queries from a financial perspective
Does the following sound like you?
- You’re a true believer in the mission. Improving education is important to you and you understand the power that improving education can have on people individually, their communities, and the wider world
- You’re looking to build upon your experience in a similar role or in an accounting / advisory firm and are excited about using your existing skills in a high growth environment
- You thrive in environments where you get to solve real problems, and have a track record of doing so in your previous roles
- You possess commercial acumen and love being able to understand the ins and outs of a business
- You’re an excellent communicator and are able to build credible relationships across all areas of the business including management and executive teams
- You’re energised by a dynamic working environment, and keen to make the move to a mission-driven company with plenty of opportunities for growth
- You have strong prioritisation, and organisational skills, with a keen eye for detail, and embrace a flexible and agile plan to focus on the next most important thing
- You possess a growth mindset and orientation towards continuous improvement and learning
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CA or CPA qualification (or working towards) is favoured, but not required
- 2–4 years experience working in a similar role or in an accounting/advisory firm
- Audit experience looked on highly favourably
What we can offer you:
We’re looking forward to a great new Edroller joining our team and want to empower them to achieve great things with us. In return we’re offering the opportunity to:
- Be part of an organisation that genuinely believes in its mission to improve education
- Access true career development and progression opportunities driven by fast business growth
- Make a meaningful contribution to our finance team, and stakeholders
- Direct access to and working with management and executive teams, including founders/co-CEOs
- The opportunity to help shape the establishment of a dedicated finance function at Edrolo
- Flexible working hours and casual dress
- Work alongside talented, passionate and fun colleagues