About the role
The Talent Acquisition Partner at Edrolo is responsible for helping us find world-class talent and bringing them onboard as Edrollers. We’re growing and are planning on adding a significant number of team members to our content development and production, client success and support, tech, and operations teams soon. As a result we’re looking to add our first Talent Acquisition hires to help us find great team members and bring them onboard.
- Helping develop our recruitment function and stratgies in partnership with senior managers
- Partnering with senior leadership to help identify staffing needs, before helping develop and execute sourcing strategies to find and bring onboard great talent
- Helping scale our existing recruitment processes to support our next phase of growth including involvement in the full cycle of recruitment, including writing compelling job ads, salary benchmarking, sourcing, advertising, scheduling, and coordinating interviews
- Helping develop our employer branding strategy
- Helping establish a strong candidate pipeline that we can draw on for immediate and future hires, and building this pipeline overtime
- Helping develop and maintain recruitment-related systems that grow as we do and deliver a consistently excellent candidate experience
- Own new employee administration and assisting with onboarding
- Supporting hires across all functional areas, with a particular focus on content development and production, and client success and support
Finding great team members who can act as multipliers is mission critical to us. We look for people who care for each other, who are intellectually curious and display intellectual humility, who love new ideas and figuring out tough problems, who crave receiving feedback and give it to others as a precious gift, who appreciate our culture and ways of doing things and seek to enhance these, people who take responsibility, and who are mission-aligned.
We believe in casting a wide net to find the best possible team members. The below describes who might be the ideal candidate. As a company we believe values alignment is more important than experience, and we're looking for people who have the potential to be great Edrollers first and foremost. If your values align with ours and the role sounds exciting, get in touch – we would love to hear from you.
Does the following sound like you?
- You’re a true believer in the mission. Improving education is important to you and you understand the power that improving education can have on people individually, their communities, and the wider world.
- You’re intellectually curious and have a deep interest in the spaces that we operate in (both people operations and edtech more broadly). You can tell us about your favourite speakers, books, podcasts, and ideas and engage with us in discussions about these. You’re non-dogmatic and don’t hold shibboleths.
- You have some understanding of what working in an edtech startup with high growth ambitions means: uncertainty, opportunity, high growth, and constant challenges to extend ourselves. You find this exceptionally exciting!
- You’re willing to embrace our culture and work within it to amplify the impact of all Edrollers.
- You're prepared to enter on the ground floor and get your hands dirty helping make things run.
- You have strong planning, prioritisation, and organisational skills, and embrace a flexible and changing plan to focus on the next most important thing.
- You have strong networks across various talent areas and are experienced in building trusting relationships with great people.
- You’re experienced and confident in building recruitment systems from scratch, delivering the right amount of structure without getting unnecessarily bogged down.
- You’re tech savvy and find the use of new systems and data exciting.
- You hold a degree qualification in a relevant field and have at least two years experience in a professional setting*.
*if you don’t have all these things, but do have the characteristics we’re looking for we would encourage you to still apply.
About the offer
We’re looking forward to a great new Edroller joining our team and want to empower them to achieve great things with us. In return we’re offering the opportunity to
- Get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company annd team – make a meaningful and immediate impact on education by helping us find great Edrollers
- Opportunities to work directly with senior management
- Huge growth and learning opportunities – take on challenges that emerge in a smaller team that is more interested in doing high impact work than complex hierarchies
- Work with a highly mission-oriented team building highly impactful products that improve education
- A competitive salary
We believe both in casting a wide net to find great potential applicants, and in having a transparent recruitment process. Here’s the steps you can expect to work through
- If you’re not ready to apply just yet, but instead want to have a chat about the position, please simply hit 'apply' and in the 'questions' section include a short introduction to yourself, any questions you have, and your contact details. There is no need to attach a CV at this stage or to answer any other questions. We'll then be in touch to have a chat.
- Once you’re ready to apply – go for it with the confidence that we’ll be in touch to let you know the outcome of your application.
- We organise a quick follow up phone call with about 50% of applicants to quickly introduce ourselves and discuss your application.
- We then invite about 50% of these applicants to an interview – we’re hopeful this can be in person but it may need to be remote. At this stage we’re seeking to establish values alignment with Edrolo and understand how your experience and career path align with the role.
- As a final stage we invite a very small number of applicants to run through a workshop and follow up interview with us over the course of a few hours. The purpose is that you get to see how we work, and we get to see how you work to assess how your skills translate in practice.
- We then make an offer to the successful candidate.
We commit to letting you know if you’ve made it through each stage or not (no ghosting), and providing feedback (where desired) to candidates from the interview stage onwards. We want this to be a positive and open experience and look forward to working through it with you :)