Junior Graphic Designer (Publications / Typesetting)
Edrolo is a market-leading EdTech startup based in Melbourne. We work closely with leading educators to create an interactive multimedia curriculum that is radically changing classrooms across NSW and VIC.
The Role and requirements
We are looking for an individual who is based in Melbourne, to work onsite from our Fitzroy office. That individual would be prepared to join a fast-paced, professional environment, with a culture that celebrates feedback, personal growth, and innovation. You will work closely with our content team and educators on creating new cutting-edge textbooks that complement our digital resources.
The role will offer a range of publications production tasks, including type and layout design, illustration (diagrams and other graphics), and prepress preparation.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is confident, independent and self-motivated
- Values both quality and efficiency
- Is willing to take initiative and solve problems themselves
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Believes in our mission to Improve Education
Requisite Skills and Experience
- Recent graduate with qualifications in graphic design (Desirable: Bachelor’s Degree in Design)
- Strong typographic skills
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign CC with a strong portfolio of publications work
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat CC
- Other experience with other Adobe CC software may be looked upon favourably
- Knowledge of prepress
- Be very comfortable with computers and technology
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with working under pressure and adhering to deadlines
- Prepared to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- Able to communicate effectively in emails, video calls and instant messaging
- Casual graphic design position
- 20 - 40 hrs p/w
- Video editing also available for interested candidate
- Potential for career progression within our rapidly growing company
- Flexible start time
- Company laptop and software licenses provided
- Regular team events, dinners, and drinks
If this role sounds exciting to you, we would love to see your application! Submit your application by hitting the Apply Now button, or head over to the Junior Graphic Designer listing at edrolo.com.au/jobs, and convince us you have what it takes to be successful in this role.
While we appreciate all applications, being a small business means we cannot get back to all applicants, so only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.