We’re an Australian, venture-backed edtech startup with global ambitions and an overarching mission to improve education. Our in-house content production, tech, sales and support functions are unified in supporting secondary students and teachers across Australia to achieve outstanding learning outcomes with our innovative educational resources. Coming off the back of our $40 million Series B, we’re building the next generation of resources to transform Australian classrooms from years 7–10.
At Edrolo, we believe that improving education takes more than building great resources and selling them to schools. To achieve great outcomes, our schools need great support, and our Client Support Team needs to be able to make fast, data backed decisions – this is where you come in!
About the role
As the first dedicated data position in our team, you’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in defining how we use data in Client Support to deliver consistently and increasingly high quality support. We have a wealth of data and a lot of questions to answer – we’re waiting for the right person to help us in turning our data into meaningful insights!
Some of the questions you’ll help us answer with data:
- How can we maintain high quality support over our peak periods, and as we continue to grow and scale?
- What does high quality support look like in numbers, and are we delivering on this?
- What do we need to measure to determine how to continue to improve?
- What are the emerging trends in our data that we need to be aware of to ensure we can help our customers quickly and accurately?
What you’ll be doing in your first three months:
- Mastering our data sources – becoming the expert in our data sources, what different data means, how we’re using them, and what’s working and what’s not
- Developing strong knowledge of the problems to solve in Client Support, and working with Client Support leaders to build a plan for how we can use data to help us solve these
- Starting to build robust, live tracking for key Client Support metrics, such as average handle time, requester wait time, customer effort score, and phone abandonment rate
Beyond that we have plenty of big problems to solve, like how we forecast future demand, how we understand team performance, and how we should shape the systems and approaches the Client Support Team will use to track, present, and interpret data into the future – all of this needs the right person to guide us in how to approach this important area.
Does the following sound like you?
- You have 2-4 years experience in a data analysis or similar under your belt
- You have a bachelor's degree in data analysis or a related area of study
- You’re highly proficient in Excel and/or Google Sheets, and ideally SQL
- You have demonstrated experience in data manipulation, interpretation, and visualisation – you love nothing more than poring over a spreadsheet and enjoy the opportunity to put your Excel skills to use
- You’re looking to build upon your experience in a similar data role and are excited about evolving your existing skills in a high growth environment
- You thrive in environments where you get to solve real problems, and have a track record of doing so in your previous roles
- You’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves – you get satisfaction from getting stuff done
- You’re a true believer in the mission. Improving education is important to you and you understand the power that improving education can have on people individually, their communities, and the wider world
As a company we believe values and mindset alignment is more important than experience, and we're looking for people who have the potential to be great Edrollers first and foremost. If the role sounds exciting, get in touch – we would love to hear from you.
We’re actively looking for great talent to join us and we’re recruiting for these positions now.
- Click apply and tell us about you and your interest in this position. We look for applicants who can demonstrate their passion for our mission and their genuine interest in this role
- We believe in transparency and in our conversations with applicants we’ll share with you what the rest of the process looks like