If you’re looking to make the move to a growing company making a real, positive difference in the world, a role in our People Team might be for you!
We’re an Australian, venture-backed ed-tech startup with global ambitions and an overarching mission to improve education. Our in-house content production, tech, sales, and support functions are unified in supporting secondary students and teachers across New South Wales, Queensland, and Victoria to achieve outstanding learning outcomes with our innovative education resources.
About the opportunity
The People Operations team is responsible for supporting and championing Edrollers in their working lives and helping maximise the potential of what we can achieve together. We’re a growing company and we’re looking for the third member of our newly-formed People Operations team, comprising of our Head of People and Talent Acquisition Manager.
We have bold ambitions and a compelling growth plan ahead of us, and we’re now looking for a People Operations Specialist to join the team and execute against our plans. We are passionate about bringing our enthusiasm and expertise to maximise our Edroller community so that we can achieve our mission of improving education.
This role will provide generalist operational support across all aspects of the employee experience from attraction through to alumnihood and everything in between! This role is an amazing opportunity to help drive the execution of our People strategy and would suit someone that has some existing experience in the People space, but is looking for future growth and development opportunities.
- Deliver key People Operations activities across the full employee journey including onboarding, payroll, employee operations and compliance
- Provide first-level support to Edrollers for People-related queries to keep People Operations running smoothly
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition Manager to support and coordinate recruitment efforts and help find future Edrollers
- Contribute to the creation of an amazing Edroller experience by implementing continuous improvement initiatives to create and improve policies, processes and resources
- Facilitate cyclical people activities, e.g. employee engagement surveys, salary review process, performance management process etc
- Use data to develop people-related insights for our Founders and People Managers
- Maintain our HRIS systems and Edroller information with accuracy
- Contribute to delivering the People Operations strategic plan and embedding People initiatives across the organisation - help us build the best People function!
Firstly, you care deeply about the mission to improve education.
You value working with people who care for each other, who are intellectually curious and display intellectual humility, who love new ideas and figuring out tough problems.
You believe in the importance of a great working environment and culture and seek to enhance these.
You value feedback and are looking for opportunities to learn and grow.
Does the following sound like you?
- You’re a true believer in the mission. Improving education is important to you and you understand the power that improving education can have on people individually, their communities, and the wider world.
- You have 0-4 years of experience working in a People function and are looking to build upon this further in a high growth startup environment
- You’re not afraid of rolling up your sleeves - you get satisfaction from getting stuff done, this is a newly created role in a startup after all.
- You have strong planning, prioritisation, and organisational skills, and embrace a flexible and changing plan to focus on the next most important thing.
- You’re familiar with the awards, legislation, policies, and procedures that growing organisations need to work with.
- You’re service oriented, and take pride in offering solutions and support to a variety of internal stakeholders
- You’re a self-starter who can work independently and take initiative
- You possess a growth mindset and orientation towards continuous improvement and learning
Nice to have
- A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field (Business or HR)
- Experience in a People team in a start-up or scale-up business environment
About the offer
We’re looking forward to a great new Edroller joining our team and want to empower them to achieve great things with us. In return we’re offering the opportunity to:
- Be part of an organisation that genuinely believes in its mission to improve education
- Access true career development and progression opportunities driven by fast business growth
- Make a meaningful contribution to our Edroller community and our newly-created People team
- Flexible working hours, casual dress, and access to a new office in Melbourne’s CBD
- Work alongside talented, passionate and fun colleagues
We’re actively looking for great talent to join us and therefore we recommend you reach out to us at your earliest convenience.
- If you’re not ready to apply just yet, but instead want to have a chat about the position, please simply hit ‘apply’ and in the ‘questions’ section include a short introduction to yourself, any questions you have and your contact details. We’ll then be in touch to have a chat.
- Once you’re ready to apply - tell us as much as possible about you for us to make a decision. We’ll be in touch with you to let you know the outcome of your application.
- We believe in transparency and in our conversations with applicants we’ll share with you what the rest of the process looks like